raw. vegan. gluten free. dairy free
This is why I bought a Vitamix- so I can whip up raw peppermint, spirulina, choc chip superfood ice-cream for brekky 😛
WHAT YOU’LL NEED-
– 1 C ice cubes
– 1/2 C almond milk (recipe here)
– small handful of raw cashews
– 1 t spirulina
– 1/4 t stevia powder or 1 T of sweetener of choice- agave syrup or honey
– 10 mint leaves
– 2 drops of peppermint oil or 1/2 t peppermint essence
– 1 small or 1/2 a medium frozen banana or if not frozen, use a little more ice.
– 1 T raw caco nibs
– optional- 1 T chia seeds
– 1 T maca powder
– throw all ingredients into Vitamix or Blentec blender, or if your blender is strong and can handle the ice it should also work. The Vitamix and Blendtec are very powerful so a few seconds on high speed will do the job quick. If you’re using something else, you may need to scrape down the sides and mix/work the ingredients with a spoon in between pulses.
– Throw in the cacao nibs at the end, and sprinkle on top 🙂 goji berries will also work nicely mixed in!