Raw. Low fat. Gluten free.
This beauty x 2 was whipped up in under 10 minutes (just like the blueberry-banana and apple tart)!! Such a light, nutritious snack, breakfast or dessert. It is all fruit minus a small amount of coconut!
– 1/2 C dried shredded coconut
– 5-6 dried figs or medjool dates
– pinch of Himalayan salt (optional)
-1/2 T cacao powder (optional- i didn’t use it here)
– 2 mini pie pans or silicon cupcake moulds could work too
– 1 C chopped banana (i used frozen banana for an instant ice-creamy mixture ready to eat)
– 2 dates
– 1 T chia seeds or psyllium husks (optional- they help give the filling a more gelatinised consistency)
– 1 T cacao powder
– In a food processor throw all of the crust ingredients (dates de-pitted) and pulse until a firm dough consistency is formed.
– Using your hands, mould the dough into the pie moulds and place into the freezer to set whilst preparing the filling.
– Throw all of the choc-banana filling ingredients either into the food processor and process until a desired consistency is achieved or use a blended for a smoother consistency (however chunks do not matter in a case such as this and it’s not worth washing up more dishes than you need 🙂 ). You may need a small amount of water to get it all moving, whilst scraping down the sides in between processing
– Pour the filling mixture onto the pie crusts and sit in the freezer until set or you can eat as they are depending on how impatient and chilly you want them. Garnish with extra dried coconut and/or cacao nibs.